The Rainbow Spines Book Tag/Stacking The Shelves (9)

July 13, 2013

So I'm sure most of you have seen "The Rainbow Spines Book Tag". A tag where you take a picture of your book spines in all the colours of the rainbow, you get me? Ok well recently I was tagged by two fab bloggers, Rita from Weaving Pages and Lucy from Queen of Contemporary. So now it's my turn :D 

As some of you may also know, last week was my Birthday and I was fortunate to get quite a few books that had been on my wish list for ages and around that time I also got some review books. What I'm trying to say is... a massive Stacking The Shelves is definitely needed. So I thought i'd try and succeed in this tag by using only my recent buys and it was tricky. But it wasn't a total fail as I only cheated twice because the books I chose for Indigo and Green were ones I had for a while. So with out further a-due here was my attempt at combining a haul and the Rainbow Spine Book Tag.



I tag Francoise over at My Crazy Bookish World and Rachel at Booktastic Reviews

Red:
Pretty Girl 13 by Liz Coley
Fractured (Slated #2) by Teri Terry - 4.5/5
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E Smith

Orange
The Elite (The Selection #2) by Kiera Cass

Yellow

The Taming of the Tights (The Misadventures of Talulah Casey #3) by Louise Rennison
This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E Smith - 4/5

Green:

The Originals by Cat Patrick - 4.5/5 (not part of haul)

Blue:

The Iron King (The Iron Fey #1) by Julie Kagawa - 5/5
Of Triton (The Syrena Legacy #2) by Anna Banks - 4.5/5

Indigo

Alice-Miranda In Paris (Alice-Miranda #8) by Jacqueline Harvey - 5/5 (not part of haul)

Violet:

If I Stay (If I Stay #1) by Gayle Forman - 3.5/5 (finished this morning)




    Guidelines
    • Create your own Stacking The Shelves post. You can use my official graphic or your own, but please link back to Tynga’s Reviews so more people can join the fun!
    • You can set your post any way you want, simple book list, covers, pictures, vlog, sky is the limit!
    • I am posting Stacking The Shelves on Saturdays, but feel free to post yours any day that fits you.
    • Visit Tynga’s Reviews on Saturday and add your link so others can visit you!
    • Visit other participants link to find out what they added to their shelves!


    Gifted:

    The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey - I'm super excited to read this one
    This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E Smith - 4/5 stars! One of the sweetest contemporary romances I've read
    The Elite (The Selection #2) by Kiera Cass - YAY
    The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E Smith - I read this last year but it came in pack
    Pretty Girl 13 by Liz Coley - It sounds creepy and I've heard good things
    If I Stay (If I Stay #1) by Gayle Forman - 3.5/5 stars (finished this morning)

    For Review:
    Of Triton (Syrena Legacy #2) by Anna Banks - 4.5/5 stars Thank you Hardie Grant Egmont! I loved this
    All I Ever Wanted by Vikki Wakefield - Thank you Vikki for my very own signed copy, I can't wait to start it.

    Bought:
    As you can see, I use very heavy photo edits. Sorry :D
    Fractured (Slated #2) by Teri Terry - 4.5/5 Stars, A amazing and hooking sequel that I loved
    The Iron King (The Iron Fey #1) by Julie Kagawa - An amazing fantasy I highly recommend and loved

    What did you get this week?


    post signature

    20 comments

    1. I'm so glad you did the tag!! There are sooooo many books there I want to read! Things like This is what happy looks like, If I stay and Fractured! I'll have to read those soon! Great Post!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love the Iron Fey series, TSPoLaFS, and If I stay :) And I really want to start the 5th wave and Of Triton! Great haul and tag :)

      Janina
      My Haul!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Great Rainbow Spine books! I did this a while ago and I had a lot of fun with it:) Have fun reading.

      evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl

      ReplyDelete
    4. Happy belated Birthday! I love Fractured, it really was an awesome sequel. The 5th Wave was amazing, too. ^^

      ReplyDelete
    5. Aweosome!your rainbow looks amazing Sunny! Great job! And lots of lovely books Hu picked up. Happy reading! :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. Brilliant haul. I wish it was my birthday and I have to wait till next year! Oh well hopefully my TBR list has died down by then and I will know what I want to get. And then there is always Christmas...

      ReplyDelete
    7. The rainbow looks gorgeous! I love all that you picked. I didn't pick as many as you did, but I'm glad I got to see variety of shades of reds and all the other colors as well.

      Ooo you got The Statistical Probability! I really want to see what I would think of that book because it sounds so adorable. And Iron King, i think you had a review of it, so i'm going to go and read that now. Because everyone's nagging me of that book for a while. XD

      Hope you enjoy your books and tasting the rainbow!! :D

      ReplyDelete
    8. I love this tag! So many pretty books, Sunny, and you've picked some great ones too. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, If I Stay and This Is What Happy Looks Like are all on my TBR pile. The 5th Wave is AMAZING :D I hope you enjoy it!

      ReplyDelete
    9. I haven't read Slated yet, but I've heard so many amazing things about it! I definitely want to read it soon. The Elite is great :) I didn't like The 5th Wave very much, but hopefully you'll enjoy it more. Great haul :)

      ReplyDelete
    10. Eeeeeek, I LOVE this tag - it looks like so much fun! Thanks so much for tagging me, I'll write up my own post on this soon! ;D

      Oooh, I'm glad you adored Fractured! I LOVED Slated and have been pining for the sequel for AGES! I also adored TSPoLaFS! And really want to read TiWHLL! It sounds amazing too!

      Great haul!

      ReplyDelete
    11. Yay! I'm glad that you've bought The 5th Wave, can't wait to see what you think of it :)

      ReplyDelete
    12. Pretty rainbow :D Ahhhh some fantastic books! 5th Wave is really really good and I can't wait to see your review of Pretty Girl 13!

      ReplyDelete
    13. Love the rainbow spine, and that you were almost able to do it just with the new books you bought! AND I've heard a lot of good things about most of those books, so it looks like you're in for some god times! Especially with The 5th Wave. EVERYONE'S been raving about that one!

      ReplyDelete
    14. You said you wanted to write a gûest post for my blog? Thank you!! Would you please email me at theawkwarddonkey@gmail.com with your topic and date and stuff please? Thank you!!

      ReplyDelete
    15. Oh you've got some amazing books there. I love If I Stay and I hope you'll enjoy it too. I've finished Fractured recently and I enjoyed Slated more. Also The 5th Wave is on my to-read list. great haul Sunny :)

      ReplyDelete
    16. Oh they look really pretty :)
      I've just started The 5th Wave after being so intrigued by all the mixed reviews I've seen. It's good so far. You're kind of thrown into the middle of the story which is a bit off putting but the writing is so, so good.
      Enjoy!

      ReplyDelete
    17. That's an awesome rainbow! I really like it. And the books you were gifted are great, even though I only read The 5th Wave.

      ReplyDelete
    18. Happy belated birthday, Sunny! It's awesome that you managed to get books from your wishlist - usually I only get a book or two for MY birthday. :P Also, I love the rainbow. You've got some sexy looking books there. ;) Hope you enjoy them, and have a wonderful week!

      ReplyDelete
    19. Happy Belated Birthday, Sunny Hope you had an awesome one and that's a great book haul! The spine tag is so pretty yay =D

      ReplyDelete
    20. Pretty spine rainbow! I'm glad you liked The Iron King, it's one of my favorites. New follower via bloglovin'. :D

      ReplyDelete

    Thank for stopping by my small corner of the web, I hope you enjoyed your time here. Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them. Sending you a thousand lovely days x

    © A Sunny Spot. Design by FCD. Header using graphics from Freepik.